Monday, May 2, 2011

Special Moments

Bringing my parents to Greece at Easter has always been a goal of mine. Watching them celebrate with their family at Easter was a huge blessing. 
Yesterday we went to the village beyond Kritsa called Kristos. It is a beautiful village not yet spoilt by tourism and since it is on top of the mountain, easy to get around. We went there to have a special meal which the village is famous for. It is a boiled goat which doesn’t sound appetising but tastes sensational.


After we finished the meal, we walked out of the village and as the wind blew strongly on top of the mountain I hugged my father and for some unknown reason I started to cry.. until I was crying uncontrollably. I was happy....very happy but still crying. I didn’t want this moment this special time to end. I can see how much Mum and Dad have been enjoying the trip, the churches, the family, Pascha, the friends the food the raki everything. This trip has been a celebration of their 50 years marriage, a celebration of everything Greek, a celebration of family and a celebration of Life!!!. Food Family is love and love is life and life as they say is everything. It was also a way of me thanking my parents for everything they have given me during their life. Their love and support often during testing times has never wavered.
When Dad keeps saying, we will never be back in Greece OR I will never have an Easter again in Greece suddenly I realise that the moment of enjoying goat on top of a mountain with my father and mother might never ever happen again. Suddenly everything about life is put into perspective.
Yesterday Dad saw where his father was born - he looked at me and I knew he was happy to be here and happy that Sue and I made it happen.
Special moments, special memories...............

No comments:

Post a Comment